During autumn, there is one thing on everyone’s mind: pumpkins. From Starbucks pumpkin lattes and Einstein’s pumpkin muffins to, well, pumpkins, we just can’t seem to shake the pumpkin fever. Now is the perfect time to channel your inner Martha Stewart and bake up your very own pumpkin treat. Enter: The Pumpkin Trifle. Whether you have a party to go to, want to impress your friends, or simply want to make yourself a delicious fall treat, this recipe is sure to get you in the fall mood.
Pumpkin Trifle Recipe, adapted from and inspired by Paula Deen
2 packages gingerbread mix (you are, of course, more than welcome to use your own gingerbread recipe)
2 boxes cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
1.5 30 oz can pumpkin pie filling
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1.5 12 oz container Cool Whip
Candied walnuts or pecans (optional)
1. Bake gingerbread as directed on the package, and let cool completely.
2. Prepare pudding and set aside.
3. Combine pumpkin pie filling, sugar and cinnamon.
4. Slowly add the pudding to the pumpkin pie mixture.
5. Crumble one batch of the prepared gingerbread into the bottom of a bowl or whatever dish you are using to create the trifle.
6. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture on top.
7. Add a layer of Cool Whip.
8. Repeat in the same order.
9. Top with candied walnuts/pecans and any extra gingerbread. (Optional)
10. Refrigerate to set or serve immediately.
This dish is perfect for all levels of baking – it’s super easy, delicious and a definite crowd pleaser!
In case you’re still craving more pumpkin, here’s a few must-try fall desserts:
From left to right: Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie Pie,Pumpkin Bread with Salted Caramel Drizzled Pumpkin Buttercream, Pumpkin Lust Cake, Pumpkin Fluff Dip, Pumpkin Pie Cookie Dough Truffle Pops, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache.
Go ahead and get into the fall spirit… one dessert at a time!